About Magnify Voices Expressive Art Contest
The Magnify Voices Expressive Arts Contest began in 2019 by the NH CBHC Communications Committee in honor of Children’s Mental Health Awareness Month with the goal of highlighting the inadequacies in the system that serves youth and family in NH. As part of a broader national effort, Magnify Voices recognizes and celebrates the creativity of youth in order to demonstrate the vital importance of positive mental health for a child’s healthy development.
Watch Magnify Voices on NH Chronicle
How to Participate
Granite State students in grades 5 through 12 are welcome and encouraged to submit creative pieces about their experiences with mental health in New Hampshire. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges with varied expertise according to their grade (5-8th and 9-12th). Creative pieces will be showcased to help raise awareness, erase stigma and effectuate change!
Winners will be awarded cash prizes at the celebration event on May 24, 2023, held at Silver Hall, Plymouth State University!
Create a short film or recorded performance (2 minutes or less)
- Up to four students are allowed to produce the same film.
- All names of participants must be on the film.
- Must include only public domain/royalty free music.
Write an essay or poem (1000 words or less)
- 12 font, double-spaced, Times New Roman
- Must be submitted as a high-quality PDF
Design another medium of expression such as a painting, song, or sculpture
- Up to four students are allowed to produce the same piece.
- All names of participants must accompany the piece.
- Must be submitted as a high-quality PDF.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a consent & release form for all participants under 18.
How Scoring Works
Sign up as an…
Sign up as a…
Email MagnifyVoices@gmail.com with any submission questions.
We would like to thank our partner organizations for the time dedicated to make this program so successful!
DHHS Bureau of Children’s Behavioral Health
NH Office of the Child Advocate
Endowment for Health